Marysville Cosmetic Dentist
A smile can be the most eye-catching feature of a face. With dentistry's
many advances, you no longer have to settle for stained, chipped,
or misshapen teeth. You now have choices that can help you smile
Even the most subtle change in your smile can make a dramatic difference
in the way you look and feel about yourself. Talk to your dentist
about the options most suitable for you, what your expectations
are and the dental fees involved. Some options are:
- Tooth whitening (bleaching) brightens teeth that are discolored
or stained. Bleaching may be done completely in the dental office
or the dentist may dispense a system for you to use at home.
- Bonding can improve the appearance of teeth that are chipped,
broken, cracked, stained, or have spaces between them. With bonding,
tooth-colored materials are applied, or bonded, to the tooth surface.
- Enamel shaping involves modifying teeth to improve their appearance
by removing or contouring enamel. The process, which often is
combined with bonding, usually is quick and comfortable and the
results can be seen immediately.
- Veneers are thin custom-made shells designed to cover the front
side of teeth. Made of tooth-colored materials, veneers are used
to treat spaces between teeth and teeth that are chipped or worn,
permanently stained, poorly shaped or slightly crooked.
- Braces are not just for kids. Orthodontics may be needed if
teeth are crooked, crowded or do not meet properly. If your dentist
thinks you should see a specialist for treatment, he or she will
refer you to an orthodontist.